DAF Performance Polymeric Print Vinyl is a 3.15 mil Premium White Monomeric calendared film with either a Gloss or Matte finish and a permanent pressure sensitive adhesive with air-release and a stay-flat 90 lb. liner. This film is designed to accept a variety of solvent-based, latex and UV curable inks and is a great option for challenging applications, Fleet Graphics, or for those looking for a 5-year intermediate laminate.
Key Features and Benefits
- Face Film: White POLYMERIC Print Film
- Gauge: (ISO 2286-3) 3.15 mil (80 micron) nominal
- Printer Compatibility: Latex, Eco-Solvent, Solvent, UVC, UV Gel
- Type: Permanent grey solvent-based acrylic with air channels/bubble free
- Application temperature: +5C to +60C
- Service temperature: -30C to +110C
- Weight: 146 gsm nominal
- Type: Structured lay-flat with PE coating
- 54″ x 150′
- Promotional to Intermediate
- Shelf Life: 1 years from date of manufacture when stored in proper conditions 70*F and 50% RH.
- External weathering: 5 years*. This refers to the unprinted vinyl. Refer to ink manufacturer for
the durability of the finished product.
*Estimate under normal conditions, Mid-Country, USA
- Flat Surfaces and Mild Curves
- Allow a minimum of 24-48 hours for the solvents to dry off before application of overlaminate. Depending on the print and drying conditions this can often be in excess of 48 hours. Retained solvents will reduce adhesion levels.
- Successful application requires the necessary techniques.
- Do not overstretch as this will cause the application to fail.
- The user should determine the suitability of the substrate.
Handling and Finishing
- Avoid touching material or introducing dust and dirt onto print face. This can cause anomalies and artifacts when printed.
- Always store unused material wound tight on original packaging.
- Product can be used with or without lamination.
Downloads (click to download)
Data Sheets, Print Settings, and Application Guidelines
DAF Performance Polymeric PSA Film
Printing and Handling
- Suitable for use on Solvent, Eco-Solvent, and Latex inkjet printers. Always perform a test print first.
- Ensure that the correct profiles and heater settings are used.
- Ensure that the material has reached room temperature and relative humidity of 50% before printing.
- Do not handle the face film directly and ensure it is free from dust and static.
- Over-lamination is recommended to prevent abrasion, extend colorfastness, and also offer easier handling.
- Allow the inks to cure before over-laminating, this is usually 24-48 hours. (Not applicable to HP Latex prints)
- The matched laminate for is DAF Performance Polymeric Laminate. For all other laminates, the user should determine suitability.
- Suggested Media Setting: Use Custom Profile or select Generic Universal Self-Adhesive Vinyl. Depending on printing platform and RIP software, the suggested maximum ink load is 300%. Make sure that ink is dry when it reaches the take-up reel. An external dryer or heat lamp will accelerate drying.
- HP Latex 560/570 Series Print Profiles